Boys: Powell Valley first, Pound second
Girls: Gate City first, Powell Valley second
Region D Meet May 18th 2pm, Bullitt Park [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/getsmile.tmp007816300.gif[/img]
Boys: Powell Valley first, Pound second
Girls: Gate City first, Powell Valley second
Region D Meet May 18th 2pm, Bullitt Park [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/getsmile.tmp007816300.gif[/img]
"One must strive for perfection to achieve excellence." Don Shula
For the first time in about two or three years, it looks like the distance races are going to be pretty exciting this year in the boys. Zach Evans from Clintwood ran a 4:55 (I think) in the 1600m today and on Wednesday in the CD meet, Collin Skeen from Thomas Walker ran a 4:57, and there was a 5:03 and a 5:07 behind him. The 3200m will be a toss up, though, I saw that Skeen ran a 11:08 on Wednesday, a lot different than that 10:38 people said he ran.
Chris Strouth and the boys from Pound really impressed me. PV was strong as always, but Pound battled all night! Of course, Ashton Bishop dominated the girls events. I agree the distant races should be fun! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
"One must strive for perfection to achieve excellence." Don Shula
Brittany Killough from J.J.Kelly ran in the Southern Track Classic yesterday in Richmond. She ran a 5:10 1600m and an 11:18 in the 3200m. It looks like Wise may have a state champion on their hands.
I wondered why she wasn't at the LPd. Way to go!
"One must strive for perfection to achieve excellence." Don Shula
I think she had already qualified for regions based on time so it didnt matter for her to be there. And from what i was told there was a big meet somewhere else that she ended up going to.
"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." -Pre
Bookmarks